Mortgage Balance Calculator
This calculator will help you to determine the current loan balance of your mortgage based on the number of mortgage payments you have made.
Enter the mortgage principal, annual interest rate (APR), loan term (in years), and the monthly payment. Then choose one of the three options for entering/calculating the number of mortgage payments made (leave two of the options blank) and click the "Calculate Mortgage Balance" button to return your current balance & loan payoff amount.
Today's Best Ashburn Mortgage Rates
Our rate table lists the best current Ashburn mortgage rates available from our lender network. Set your search criteria by entering your loan data and selecting the relevant products from the dropdown, click search and we'll help you compare the market by showing you the most relevant offers for Ashburn homeowners.
Key Tips & Advice
Things to consider when buying a home:
- While the 30-year mortgage is the most popular term in the United States, a 15-year term builds equity much quicker;
- Home buyers in the US move on average of once every 5 to 7 years;
- Early mortgage payments apply primarily to interest rather than the principal;
- Using a shorter loan term, paying extra & making bi-weekly payments can better help offset any transaction-based expenses.
Do Home Prices Always Go Up?
In the United States real estate prices have went up about 6-fold since 1970.
Our monetary policy is biased toward inflation. If you back out general inflation, outside of during market bubbles, real estate typically performs roughly inline with general inflation. Rather than looking at raw prices, better metrics to use for analyzing real estate prices are:
- Home price vs median income.
- Purchase price vs rent.