Should You Buy or Rent a House?
- Rent or Buy? - in some areas it makes more sense to rent while in other areas buying makes more sense. Plug in the details for the options you are considering to see which makes more sense.
- Renter Home Affordability - some homes are cheap relative to local rents, while in other areas home prices appreciated much faster than rents have. You can use this to figure out which option makes more financial sense given your current situation.
- Tax-Savings - estimate the potential savings from deducting mortgage interest expenses from your income taxes.
Budgeting for Buying a Home
Today's Best Ashburn Mortgage Rates
Our rate table lists the best current Ashburn mortgage rates available from our lender network. Set your search criteria by entering your loan data and selecting the relevant products from the dropdown, click search and we'll help you compare the market by showing you the most relevant offers for Ashburn homeowners.
Fixed, ARM & Refinancing Loan Options
Compare Financing Options
- Explainer Calculator - basic mortgage calculator which offers explainer sections to help walk people through the process.
- APR Calculator - figure out the true interest expense of a loan.
- FRM Term Comparison: compare multiple loans side by side, or use a calculator preset up for the most popular loan term durations:
10 YR, 15 YR, 20 YR, 30 YR.
- Rate Comparison - see how minor differences in interest rates can make significant differences in loan payments.
- Bi-Weekly Savings - biweekly payments help homeowners make an effective "13th" monthly payment each year to pay off their home loans much faster.
- Additional Payments - pay off your mortgage quicker by making additional payments.
- 15 Year vs 30 Year Mortgages - compare the 2 most popular FRM products side-by-side.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
Refinancing Your Mortgage
- Refinance - mortgage refinance calculator which shows how much interest can be saved by refinancing a mortgage into a lower rate loan.
- Consolidation vs Refinancing - tool to see if it makes more sense to refinance or obtain a debt consolidation loan.
Tools for Sellers & Real Estate Investors
Resources for Home Sellers
- Taxable Vs. Tax-deferred - tax-deferred investments can repeatedly compound, which enables faster wealth generation.
- Real Estate Commissions - figure out roughly how much it might cost to have a Realtor help sell your home.
- Commission Rebates - estimate the cost of working with a real estate agent or brokerage after accounting for any rebates they offer.
- Divorced - guide which covers the impact of being divorced on being able to sell a home.
Resources for Real Estate Investors
- Commercial Loans - tool which helps commercial real estate investors calculate their loan terms.
- Residential Income Analysis - analyze if a property appears to offer a favorable return for the level of investment required.
- Portfolio Rate of Return - see what your returns are across a portfolio of investments
- 1031 Exchange - real estate investment strategy which enables investors to convert a property into another while keeping much of their capital deployed in the real estate market & untaxed.
- 1031 Exchange Deadline - see how long you have to re-invest money from a 1031 exchange.
Additional Financial Calculation Utilities
- Auto Loans - use this calculator to estimate monthly loan payments for any vehicle: car, truck, van, SUV, etc.
- Vehicle Affordability - see if the vehicle you are looking at makes sense based on your monthly disposable income.
- Biweekly Car Payments - save money by paying off your automotive loan quicker with bi-weekly payments.
- Compare Loan Terms - see what the monthly payment is for an auto loan of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 years.
- Car Lease or Buy - this tool makes it easy to compare if it makes more sense to lease or buy a particular vehicle.
- Compare Credit Card Options - compare credit card offers side-by-side to see which one is a better deal for how you intend to use it.
- Minimum Payments - people making minimum credit card payments often pay over 20% interest on debts they never fully extinguish.
- Fixed vs Minimum - making higher fixed payments can pay off debts quickly & save a lot of money which would have been wasted on interest expenses.
- Principal vs Interest - see how much of each payment is applied to interest & what gets applied toward the credit card's balance.
- Debt - basic debt repayment calculator.
- Debt Investment - you can make out-sized, risk-free & untaxed returns by paying off your debts instead of gambling on the financial markets.
- Debt Payoff Goal - figure out how much you will need to pay on your debts each month to pay off all your debt by a specific goal date.
- Debt Snowball - tool which helps consumers pay off their debts by focusing on the smallest debt first & then moving onto the next largest debt.
- Average Interest Rate - this helps people figure out what their true blended interest rate is across a portfolio of debts.
- Home Equity Loans - helps people see the full cost of their current debts & compare the cost of them against a home equity loan to see if they can save money by shifting high-interest unsecured debt over to low-interest secured debt.
- Credit Line Qualification - see how much funding you may qualify for based on your current home value and outstanding mortgage debt.
Educatational Resources for Teachers & Students