Real Estate Resources
Should You Buy or Rent a House?
- Rent or Buy? - in some areas it makes more sense to rent while in other areas buying makes more sense. Plug in the details for the options you are considering to see which makes more sense.
- Renter Home Affordability - some homes are cheap relative to local rents, while in other areas home prices appreciated much faster than rents have. You can use this to figure out which option makes more financial sense given your current situation.
- Tax-Savings - estimate the potential savings from deducting mortgage interest expenses from your income taxes.
Budgeting for Buying a Home
- Budget Planning - easy-to-use family budget planning tool which offers rough estimates for common spending categories.
- Mortgage Qualification - see if you earn enough to qualify for funding.
- Debt to Income Ratio - tool which makes it easy to compare your current income to your monthly debt obligations.
- Loan Balance - figure out the remaining balance due on your mortgage.
- Mortgage Payoff Goal - see how much extra you need to pay each month to get your home paid off by a specific date.
- Tax Benefits - tool which highlights the tax benefits of home ownership.
- Bi-Weekly Payments - use bi-weekly payments to make a "13th monthly payment" each year & pay off your home loan sooner.
- Extra Payments - make extra payments to pay off your home quicker.
- Purchase Money Loan Balance - figure out the balance due to pay off your outstanding mortgage.
- Obtaining a Home Loan with a Disability - guide which helps disabled people explore funding options to help them buy homes.
- Mortgages in natural disaster-prone areas: flood zones, wildfire areas & tornado alley
Today's Best Mortgage Rates
Our rate table lists the best current mortgage rates available from our lender network. Set your search criteria by entering your loan data and selecting the relevant products from the dropdown, click search and we'll help you compare the market by showing you the most relevant offers for homeowners.
Fixed, ARM & Refinancing Loan Options
Compare Financing Options
- Explainer Calculator - basic mortgage calculator which offers explainer sections to help walk people through the process.
- APR Calculator - figure out the true interest expense of a loan.
- FRM Term Comparison: compare multiple loans side by side, or use a calculator preset up for the most popular loan term durations:
10 YR, 15 YR, 20 YR, 30 YR.
- Rate Comparison - see how minor differences in interest rates can make significant differences in loan payments.
- Bi-Weekly Savings - biweekly payments help homeowners make an effective "13th" monthly payment each year to pay off their home loans much faster.
- Additional Payments - pay off your mortgage quicker by making additional payments.
- 15 Year vs 30 Year Mortgages - compare the 2 most popular FRM products side-by-side.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Adjustable Rates - calculate adjustable-rate mortgage payments
- ARM vs Fixed Rates - compare the payments of fixed-rate mortgages & adjustable-rate mortgages side-by-side
- ARM APR - calculate the real APR on an adjustable-rate loan.
- Interest Only vs. Principal - estimate interest-only & fully amortizing monthly home loan payments.
Refinancing Your Mortgage
- Refinance - mortgage refinance calculator which shows how much interest can be saved by refinancing a mortgage into a lower rate loan.
- Consolidation vs Refinancing - tool to see if it makes more sense to refinance or obtain a debt consolidation loan.
Tools for Sellers & Real Estate Investors
Resources for Home Sellers
- Taxable Vs. Tax-deferred - tax-deferred investments can repeatedly compound, which enables faster wealth generation.
- Real Estate Commissions - figure out roughly how much it might cost to have a Realtor help sell your home.
- Commission Rebates - estimate the cost of working with a real estate agent or brokerage after accounting for any rebates they offer.
- Divorced - guide which covers the impact of being divorced on being able to sell a home.
Resources for Real Estate Investors
- Commercial Loans - tool which helps commercial real estate investors calculate their loan terms.
- Residential Income Analysis - analyze if a property appears to offer a favorable return for the level of investment required.
- Portfolio Rate of Return - see what your returns are across a portfolio of investments
- 1031 Exchange - real estate investment strategy which enables investors to convert a property into another while keeping much of their capital deployed in the real estate market & untaxed.
- 1031 Exchange Deadline - see how long you have to re-invest money from a 1031 exchange.
Additional Financial Calculation Utilities
- Savings w Inflation & Taxes - see how much money you can save in nominal terms & what purchasing power you might have after taxes and inflation are taken into account.
- Savings Goal - how long will it take you to reach your savings goals.
- CD Calculator - low-risk CD investments are a safe way to build savings.
- Single Deposit Savings - even a single initial deposit can add up to a lot of money if you let it compound for a significant period of time.
- Periodic Savings - making regular periodic additions to your savings will help your nest egg grow faster.
- Compound Savings- compare how quickly money can grow at different rates of interest and different compounding frequencies.
- Compound Monthly Deposit Savings Comparison
- Opportunity Cost - small expenses add up, particularly if you are also carrying interest-bearing debt.
- Lifetime Earnings - how much will you earn over your lifetime?
- Real Hourly Wages - see how much you make after accounting for many of the hidden costs associated with working.
- Paycheck Converter- convert wages from one time period into another.
- Auto Loans - use this calculator to estimate monthly loan payments for any vehicle: car, truck, van, SUV, etc.
- Vehicle Affordability - see if the vehicle you are looking at makes sense based on your monthly disposable income.
- Biweekly Car Payments - save money by paying off your automotive loan quicker with bi-weekly payments.
- Compare Loan Terms - see what the monthly payment is for an auto loan of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 years.
- Car Lease or Buy - this tool makes it easy to compare if it makes more sense to lease or buy a particular vehicle.
- Compare Credit Card Options - compare credit card offers side-by-side to see which one is a better deal for how you intend to use it.
- Minimum Payments - people making minimum credit card payments often pay over 20% interest on debts they never fully extinguish.
- Fixed vs Minimum - making higher fixed payments can pay off debts quickly & save a lot of money which would have been wasted on interest expenses.
- Principal vs Interest - see how much of each payment is applied to interest & what gets applied toward the credit card's balance.
- Basic Loan Calculator - this tool estimates monthly loan payments.
- Biweekly Loan Repayments - provides a quick way to figure out what bi-weekly payments are due on just about any loan.
- Loan Amortization - create a printable amortization schedule for any fixed-rate loan.
- Compare Loan Options - see which loan makes more sense & better suits your needs and budget.
- Interest-only Loans - basic calculator which shows the amount of interest due each month on an IO loan.
- Balloon Loans - calculate monthly loan payments & the ending balloon payment for balloon loans.
- Debt - basic debt repayment calculator.
- Debt Investment - you can make out-sized, risk-free & untaxed returns by paying off your debts instead of gambling on the financial markets.
- Debt Payoff Goal - figure out how much you will need to pay on your debts each month to pay off all your debt by a specific goal date.
- Debt Snowball - tool which helps consumers pay off their debts by focusing on the smallest debt first & then moving onto the next largest debt.
- Average Interest Rate - this helps people figure out what their true blended interest rate is across a portfolio of debts.
- Home Equity Loans - helps people see the full cost of their current debts & compare the cost of them against a home equity loan to see if they can save money by shifting high-interest unsecured debt over to low-interest secured debt.
- Credit Line Qualification - see how much funding you may qualify for based on your current home value and outstanding mortgage debt.
- Calculadora de Hipoteca - en Español.
- Calculadoras Gratuitas - calculadoras Españolas para webmasters
Educatational Resources for Teachers & Students
- Financial Literacy Lesson Plans - fun & educational financial plans for any age group.
- Geometry Lesson Plans - explore geometry in ways students will find informative and memorable.
- Central Banking Lesson Plans - teach students how money and banking work.